Pennsylvania  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/18/06, 11:25 pm

custodial parent wants to move during custody battle

im custodian for two years.the father a ''deadbeat'' since childs birth. owing 30,000 to two ids in another state and didn't fight adoption of them.we are not wed he is ed and has not seen or spoken to his wife since ''01''. now he wants to stay off drugs and fight for shared custody. he has given $885. to me for our son. and can't keep a job he claimed our son on his taxes. knowing he was not allowed to , have filed fraud papers. he has missed his first court ordered support payment. we have custody court in july. i am engaged, he lives out of state and wants us to move to nj. i am currently on welfare. this move will gain steady employment, and security.the move is less than 2 hour drive away.i am willing (if he gets visitation to travel back for it.i have proof of his out of state arrearages and basic daily logs of domestic issues causing harm to my family. even a time when my son was hospitalized for carbon monoxide inhilation from his home. dhs also removed kids from this same home due to no heat or hot water.and the home is a 'squatters' home owing 15,000 in realestate taxes and its not even in there name. the owner is in jail. considering all of the above can he really legally stop this move or gain shared custody?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

81 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search