Legal Question in Family Law in Pennsylvania

My husband and I are trying to figure out if there is any way we could take temporary custody of his niece. Her mother is currently in the hospital after a suicide attempt. She has voluntarily committed herself or will once her blood alcohol level reaches the legal limit. She drinks to excess around her daughter, moves constantly and has just recently lost yet another job. This child needs a stable environment. Any help,would be appreciated. We live in Pennsylvania

Asked on 5/24/13, 5:07 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Which county? Where does child live? Age?

You are more than welcome to discuss the matter on the phone at no charge

Call my cell


Web site.

Best wishes

Read more
Answered on 5/24/13, 5:21 pm
John Davidson Law Office of John A. Davidson
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You are probably looking at a guardianship. Mother could grant you that. Where is the child's dad?


Read more
Answered on 5/24/13, 6:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now