Legal Question in Family Law in Pennsylvania

My husband passed away recently. If if have a paper notarized stating where I would want my son to go if something should happen to me, would this hold up in court in Pennsylvania? Or do I need to go to a lawyer and have something legal drawn up? I'm concerned about my son ending up with his grandmother and want to make sure he goes where I want him to go.

Asked on 7/30/13, 5:29 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Davidson Law Office of John A. Davidson
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You should talk to a lawyer. One to be sure the personb you want to take him is in agreement. Also you might want to see the get something to help cover the expense of raising your son.


Read more
Answered on 7/30/13, 7:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now