Legal Question in Family Law in Pennsylvania

If you are listed as p.o.a. of your parents, are you legally responsible to pay for the funeral services, even if they have not left you enough in the estate?

Asked on 7/05/13, 11:05 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Davidson Law Office of John A. Davidson
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No, when they died you ceased to be their agent. Besides if the estate gets a bill it can't pay due to lack of funds all the creditor gets is a "So Sorry" letter.

As an agent you can actor on their behalf. But you are no liable for any contract you made as their agent. Further once your parent's died so did the POA.


Read more
Answered on 7/05/13, 12:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now