Pennsylvania  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 11/28/12, 4:31 pm

I am a man who recently got married and am looking to take my wife's maiden name as a second middle name. I currently live in Pittsburgh, PA but am originally from Detroit, MI and still have a MI driver's license. Where should I go through the legal name changing process? PA or MI?

1 Answer

Answered on: 11/28/12, 7:09 pm by Roger Traversa

You stated that you currently live in PA. PA requires that residents obtain a state drivers license within, I believe, 30 days of obtaining residency. Sort of answers your question.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Arjont Group (Law Office of Roger Traversa) P.O. Box 1932 Philadelphia, PA 19105

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search