Legal Question in Family Law in Pennsylvania

money transfer

My mother transfered money into my account as a gift. now she wants it back? what is my legal rights to that money?

Asked on 5/13/08, 11:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Roger Traversa Arjont Group (Law Office of Roger Traversa)
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: money transfer

You asked about returning money provided as a gift.

It depends on the exact circumstances, but generally a gift once given is not subject to any demand. In some circumstances it may actually be unlawful for a gift giver to demand return. Such as when someone helps out with a down payment on a house or when a gift giver accounts for such gifts an a tax form.

You should seek specific legal advice regarding your particular situation.



Read more
Answered on 5/14/08, 1:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now