Pennsylvania  |  Family Law

Neglectful Father files for Full Custody- Son is 16.5 years old

Thank you for this service. My 16 yr son had some growing pains- tried cigarettes and adult sites. Rather than face a scolding, he took off to find his father. My son begged his dad for years to visit him, call him, etc but his father refused. Probably because he was hiding gay life. He lives in a crime ridden area, and with a 3rd roommate, all 3 are alcoholics. They took my son to a bar, bought him cigarettes and gave him a room in a moldy basement with water leaking overhead. His father told him he was going to put a bullet between my eyes because he blamed me for his problems. He hired my son out for day work doing brickpointing on buildings using ladders with no safety equipment. He promised my son a tattoo and took him downtown, but filed for FULL CUSTODY instead. My son ran back home. Now I have to appear in court. I never kept my son from his dad. I begged him to visit/call his son! If he shows up in court, how do I do what is best for my son? I'd allow him to call or visit anytime, but no bars or cigarettes. BTW-I raised my son to have compassion for alcoholics and to respect homosexuals to prepare him for all this. My son doesn't want to see him now, but I think the door should be left open as long as my son is safe.