Legal Question in Family Law in Pennsylvania

My sister and her fiance passed. With no will or written guardianship of their son. Her finance's parents took my nephew out of state and are not allowing my family to see him. Do they have more rights to guardianship then I do?

Asked on 9/10/13, 12:17 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Davidson Law Office of John A. Davidson
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No but you each have 3rd party rights. In any case you need to file in PA before the child has been gone for 6 month or you'll be fighting the case in their state.


Read more
Answered on 9/11/13, 6:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now