Pennsylvania  |  Family Law

trespassing?

I am in the process of getting a divorce. I live in the house that my ex and I still own (she moved out). Currently, myself and my girlfriend live there but my ex still continues to enter the house whenever she feels like it. She has caused many problems when entering by threatening my girlfriend. She has been told numerous times to leave and not enter but, she believes she still has legal standing to enter whenever she wants b/c her name is still on the house, is this true?

Answered on: 11/24/08, 1:57 pm by John Davidson

Re: trespassing?

You need to for Exclusive Possession of the Martial Resident. Its an form of equitrable relief. Or if violence was threatened a PFA.

You ex is still on the deed as such you can't "trespass" on your own property.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me. The initial consultation is free.

{John}

Law Office of John A. Davidson 107 North Front Street Suite 117 Harrisburg, PA 17101

Answered on: 11/23/08, 10:37 pm by Roger Traversa

Re: trespassing?

You asked about an interloping ex.

Yours is a common problem. If you have an attorney then get advice there.

If you don't, then simply change the locks and send a letter by BOTH regular first class mail and registered mail (get proof of mailing). You should look up in a self-help legal book as to exactly what the letter should say. Essentially you will be telling her that her right to just enter the house is revoked and she should instead request permission ahead of time if she needs to get into the house.

But get an attorney involved, as this otherwise will not end well.

Regards,

Roger

Arjont Group (Law Office of Roger Traversa) P.O. Box 1932 Philadelphia, PA 19105