Pennsylvania  |  Civil Litigation

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/14/09, 12:36 pm

In 2005 I was wrongfully accussed for retail theft for gasoline at a Sheetz store. Their employees Id me and it was proven in court that it was not me. At that point in time I was working a full time job until my company that I worked for shut down in June 2008. I have been looking for a job endlessly. A couple of interview I thought for sure I was a shoe in. Well a 1 1/2 years I still have not found a job. Then this interview I went on the Manager was really nice, and she said she had planned on hiring me until. She did a PA Court look up on me and it revealed all of these Retail Theft. listing on my court docket. I explained to her the whole story. She said untlt those were removed she was unable to hire me. So I did my research and yes that was there. I contacted the Magistrates office and they told me I had to contact Expoungement place. So I did that and the lady told me I had to go to Magistrates office get the transcripts take them to Allegheny County court house and to room 114 Give them the transcripts, pay $100 and fill out paperwork send it back to them. Then it would take 9 to 12 months to come off of my records. So, due to Sheetz I probably will be out of a job for another year. I am a bookkeeper and this is so terrible. Not to say how embarass I am and the stress of not having money to pay my bills is unbelievable. Is there any thing that I can do to Sheetz for the following: Defamation or intentional or neglegent of emotional stress that I can sue them for. Especially for them to pay the $100 to get it off of my record. Your help in this matter would greatly help me

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search