Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Pennsylvania

My husband had some work done by an oral surgeon. The Dr. said he would only charge whatever my husband's insurance paid. The Dr. never did send us a bill. Later on, my husband tried o obtain a copy of his medical file from this Doctor. (My spouse has long-standing medical problems and wanted to get copies of his medical records from all his doctors). The oral surgeon was the only doctor to refuse to release the records. We've now discovered that the oral surgeon billed my husband's insurance company for services that were never performed. (i.e. for teeth that he never extracted and for bone grafts that were never performed). Can my husband sue the oral surgeon for theft of medical benefits or whatever the proper term may be? Thank!

Asked on 8/11/13, 6:31 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Davidson Law Office of John A. Davidson
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It;'s call insurance fraud. The Attorney General has a whole office for it. Give them a call.


Read more
Answered on 8/12/13, 7:15 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now