Legal Question in Juvenile Dependency in Pennsylvania

I am 18 years old and have completed high school. I have heard that Pennsylvania's age of majority is 18 but have also heard it is 21. Note these contradicting websites:

At what age can I move otu of my house without parental consent?

Asked on 6/28/10, 3:17 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

18. See 23 Pa.C.S.A. Section 5101:

Attainment of full age (a) Age for entering into contracts.--Any individual 18 years of age and older shall have the right to enter into binding and legally enforceable contracts and the defense of minority shall not be available to such individuals. (b) Age for suing and being sued.--Except where otherwise provided or prescribed by law, an individual 18 years of age and older shall be deemed an adult and may sue and be sued as such. You can do everything at age 18 except consume alcohol.

Read more
Answered on 6/29/10, 2:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Juvenile Dependency questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now