Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Pennsylvania

I am being evicted for nonpayment of rent. I owe 2 months rent, and due to financial difficulties cannot pay it at this time. I want to move out and live with my sister for awhile to get back on my feet. My question is, can't they use the double security deposit I gave them 3 years ago to cover the rent I owe? I know I owe them this money, and there is no damage to the house. Thankyou.

Asked on 9/17/13, 9:07 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Davidson Law Office of John A. Davidson
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Actually that would be illegal. Now if there were no damages and thew refunded the security deposit you could then pay them.


Read more
Answered on 9/17/13, 9:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88563 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now