Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Pennsylvania

Hi, can cell phone records be used in court to support an allegation that the anesthesia provider was distracted during a case.

Asked on 4/23/11, 4:37 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If the evidence is relevant to your claim, it may be used. There are certain rules of evidence that apply and a Judge does have the discretion to bar the evidence

Read more
Answered on 4/23/11, 8:14 am
Arthur Newmark Arthur Newmark, M.D.. Esq
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Your question suggests information discovered in the course of a lawsuit.

If this is the case, this is a matter for your attorney.

If not, you should contact an attorney if you believe you were injured by anesthesia related negligence. The use of this kind of evidence would be highly fact sensitive.

I am a doctor / lawyer and would be happy to discuss this matter with you if you

are not represented by an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 4/23/11, 9:28 pm
Jerry Meyers Meyers Evans & Associates, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can in the context of a lawsuit obtain such information and learn whether and when, if at all, the anesthesiologist used his or her cell phone. Such information would be relevant and in my opinion clearly admissible if properly authenticated and if the period of talk time corresponded to an intraoperative period relevant to your having suffered some injury.

Read more
Answered on 4/25/11, 10:15 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now