Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Pennsylvania

I am on a specific medication for a illness that up until a few years ago had no cure. I started treatment a month ago and on my second round of medication the pharmacy screwed up and didnt see in there system that I paid my co pay (even tho I did) so they decided to not send my life saving meds. Now my doctor has to stop treatment because if you dont take this medication for more then a few days the virus builds a immunity to it. So because of the pharmacies mistake I might have to wait for a new kind of medication to be developed. Do I have a mal practice case against the pharmacy?

Jerry Meyers Meyers Evans & Associates, LLC

It is not possible to respond to your question on the basis of the facts which you have provided. You should consult a lawyer in your jurisdiction with experience in medical malpractice. Whether or not you have a case against the pharmacy depends upon the scientific reason that you cannot be started on this medication again. It is also important to learn what you did to attempt to secure the medication. It is also interesting that you were not warned by the pharmacy of the importance of the medication being given on a continuous basis so that it would be reordered sufficiently in advance to avoid you suffering harm because of delay.

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania