Legal Question in Personal Injury in Pennsylvania

If a child trespasses on my property and gets injured, am I liable if I have it posted?

Debra Rainey The Law Office of Debra D. Rainey

The answer to this question is not as easy as it may seem. It depends on the nature and cause of the child's injury, in addition to the way and reason for your "posting" Without getting into boring legalese, if the reason for the child's injury was the direct result of a hazard on your property that you should have taken care based on the dangerousness of the thing, but did not you may be liable. On the other hand if the child's injury was caused by an open and obvious danger that is visible to all then you may escape liability. The way and reason for your posting may directly impact your liability, or lack thereof. Sorry couldn't figure out an easier way to say that last part, long day.

As you can see it really isn't cut and dry. I would suggest you seek a consultation with an attorney who handles premises or property liability matters.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania