I have recently had the gstric bypass, and I am on a very strict diet, and in order to get enough calcium I have to drink atleast 3 glasses of fat free skim milk. The other night I poured a glass of milk and as I was drinking it I began choking, I couldn't catch my breath, so I spit out my milk and put my figure down my throat to pull out whatever was in it. Well I was able to get it out, and I was soo sickened by what I almost swallowed. It was a 4" long off green 8th of an inch piece of material, kindof looks like a bread tie without the wire in the middle. The item smells like spoiled milk, it was 100% gaurenteed in my milk! I haven't been able to drink milk since, and the problem is is that I need to have a certain amount of calcium each day, so i've been taking an extra chewable calcium tablet at night. If I would've swallowed that object it could've done serious damage, cause i am unable to eat or drink anything that isn't liquid or pureed.
I contacted the milk company and they want to send a rep over to pick up the object and the rest of the milk that I didn't drink. What should I do? Should I let them take it? Do you think I need any attorney? Is there any type of money I can get out of this?
Please let me know.