Legal Question in Personal Injury in Pennsylvania

I stayed at a hotel and had to be rushed to the hospital for Bells Palsy, I think I got it from the bed... Can I sue to get my hospital bills paid?

Thomas Kenny Law Offices of Thomas D. Kenny, P.C.

How do you know that you got it from the bed?

Richard Senker Senker Law Office

You didn't get Bell's Palsy from the bed. From Wikipedia: "Some viruses are thought to establish a persistent (or latent) infection without symptoms, e.g., the varicella-zoster virus[6] and Epstein-Barr viruses, both of the herpes family. Reactivation of an existing (dormant) viral infection has been suggested[7] as a cause behind the acute Bell's palsy. Studies[8] suggest that this new activation could be preceded by trauma, environmental factors, and metabolic or emotional disorders, thus suggesting that stress—emotional stress, environmental stress (e.g., cold), physical stress (e.g., trauma)—in short, a host of different conditions, may trigger reactivation."

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania