Pennsylvania  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/06/13, 6:48 am

I bought a house for my son to live in. A guy that was down on his luck asked to stay.. I did not know this. My son allowed him to stay. The guy punched my son in the face when my son asked for rent to be given to me and had my son scared so my son hid my existence from this bully. My son does not reside there now. This guy refuses to sign a lease. Refuses to pay utilities. Refuses to do anything but live there off of me. I sent certified mail for him to vacate in 10 days. He said he wanted a rent to own...I drew up a contract.. he doesn't like it. Won't sign. Won't pay. I want him out of my place... I have no agreement with him. He lies and says he can get people to say we had a verbal etc. For two months I have been telling him to go... he keeps coming up with some plan to lease or lease to buy. He wants ridiculous things done to the house. Now he says there are bugs and my responsibility. I just want him out of there. He is on probation and is a sex offender. I do not want to deal with him. I think he is a trespasser but the cops say he has squatters rights since my son knew he was there. But I own the house and my son is no longer there. I know I have to file a complaint with the District Justice but meanwhile I cannot pay the utilities he is running up. Do I have to keep the utilities on? This is in Pennsylvania. I never had a lease with him nor have I gotten a cent payment from him. I want to shut off the utilities but the cops say no. They say I cannot even go to my own house. I do not understand this. I want this guy out. I cannot afford the utilities on him. Will I be in trouble if the utilities get shut off?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search