Pennsylvania  |  Real Estate Law

What can I do if i have filed a loan modification and it has not been approved in over 3 years? Meanwhile the late fees and penalties have been accruing since I first filed.

Answered on: 6/10/11, 4:51 am by Solomon Weinstein

Have you had continued communication with the mortgage company since you filed.? You need to talk to the right person to fin out the status. Best advice may be to consult with a lawyer to review the situation and advise as to appropriate course of action to take.

Solomon Weinstein, Esquire 1032 Millcreek drive Feasterville, PA 19053

Answered on: 6/10/11, 5:32 am by Miriam Jacobson

If your property is in Philadelphia and is your residence, and if the bank has started foreclosure in the Court by a complaint or if any of the foreclosure process has been scheduled, you may go to the Court of Common Pleas Mortgage Foreclosure Conciliation Hearings, usually held on Thursdays, in Courtroom 676, City Hall. You may be able to get help there.

This response is not legal advice, since I do not have all of the information that would be required, and I do not have a representation agreement with you.

* If the answers to your question confirm that you have a valid issue or worthwhile claim, your next step should almost always be to establish a dialog with a lawyer who can provide specific advice to you. Contact a lawyer in your county or township.

* Another reason for contacting a lawyer is that it is often impossible to give a good answer in the Internet Q&A format without having more information. The unique circumstances of your situation and things that you may not have thought to mention in your question may completely change the answer. If you want to be sure that you have a complete answer to your question and an understanding of what that answer means, establish a connection with a lawyer who practices in the area of your concern.

Law Offices of Miriam N. Jacobson 1900 JFK Blvd. Suite 1519 Philadelphia, PA 19103-1431

Answered on: 6/10/11, 9:40 am by Glen Ashman

If they haven't answered in three years, it sounds like they have never looked at it. Even when banks turn down packages they tend to have some limited communication. Initially call and ask for a manager to see what has happened. And then get a lawyer to explore your options.

Ashman Law Office 2791 Main Street EAST POINT Atlanta, GA 30344