Pennsylvania  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/15/13, 12:57 pm

Hello. I'm considering a quit claim deed to transfer my house to my two adult children. My deceased wife's name is still on the house. Can I in one filing:

1) have my wife's name removed from the deed?

2) have my two adult children added?

3) have my name remain on the deed?

Thank you.


1 Answer

Answered on: 7/15/13, 1:50 pm by John Davidson

You deed the house to your children. You'll need to have your wife's death certificate. Then a new deed. That said there are some tax issues that make what you want to do a bad idea, So before you hit Legal Zoom. Go ask a real lawyer to advise you of the income tax ramifications among anything. You can do it but check with a lawyer to figure out how to do what you want and not get whacked with taxes.


Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Office of John A. Davidson 107 North Front Street Suite 117 Harrisburg, PA 17101

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search