Pennsylvania  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/17/06, 2:26 pm

becoming executrix of husbands estate

Do I need legal representation to be appointed executrix of my husband's estate? My husband died suddenly without a will, 98% of our holdings were in both names..I discovered some stocks, originally part of his life insurance..the life ins co. converted into a finacial holdings co and merged with another co in 2004. I have been infomred by this co. there was no beneficary or co-owner listed. I am sure my husband didn't think this was necessary since they were part of his original life ins. policy. The current co. informs me I must be appointed executrix or pay a hefty fee to transfer the stocks to my name. Await your kind advise, if I can just go to the local court house and make application for executrix.

Thank you

Thank you

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search