Pennsylvania  |  Wills and Trusts

i was taken out of my fathers will and today i received that he had a life insurance policy with me name as the beneficiary can i legally collect on the policy

Answered on: 5/18/13, 12:12 pm by Miriam Jacobson

Yes. None of this applies until after his death.

THIS RESPONSE IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE, SINCE I DO NOT HAVE ALL OF THE INFORMATION THAT WOULD BE REQUIRED, AND I DO NOT HAVE A REPRESENTATION AGREEMENT WITH YOU.

* If the answers to your question confirm that you have a valid issue or worthwhile claim, your next step should almost always be to establish a dialog with a lawyer who can provide specific advice to you. Contact a lawyer in your county or township.

* Another reason for contacting a lawyer is that it is often impossible to give a good answer in the Internet Q&A format without having more information. The unique circumstances of your situation and things that you may not have thought to mention in your question may completely change the answer. If you want to be sure that you have a complete answer to your question and an understanding of what that answer means, establish a connection with a lawyer who practices in the area of your concern.

Law Offices of Miriam N. Jacobson 1900 JFK Blvd. Suite 1519 Philadelphia, PA 19103-1431

Answered on: 5/18/13, 1:46 pm by Rachel Hunter

I agree with Attorney Jacobson. Wills have nothing to do with non-probate assets. Examples of a non-probate beneficiary designated asset is a life insurance policy. If you are the named beneficiary and if the owner of the policy never changed the beneficiary form then the money on the life insurance policy goes to you at death. So you get to claim all the money and you don't need to spend none of it on any estate bills.

Attorney address not available