Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Pennsylvania

i moved in with my grandmom when i was 20 back in 2002. she died march.25,2013 and left the house to my aunt, her daughter. can she now kick me out at anytime or is there a process or time period before she can? does she now officially own the house>

Yes, the aunt owns the house. However, does the grandmother have a will? Has it been submitted to probate? Who is the personal representative? Is it the aunt? If its not the aunt, then the personal representative may take charge of the property temporarily. Does grandmother have other assets and are they sufficient to cover any debts? Does the property have to be sold or does aunt wish to sell it?

If the aunt now owns the house then you do not have a right to live there rent free. Aunt or the personal representative can ask you to leave at any time. If you don't leave then the aunt should send you a written notice to get out. If you still do not leave after being given written notice either aunt or the personal representative could commence eviction/ejectment proceedings.

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Pennsylvania