Pennsylvania  |  Wills and Trusts

Wills

I was left a house and all furniture and furnishings. What does furnishings include. Thank you

Answered on: 1/19/07, 1:07 pm by Solomon Weinstein

Re: Wills

Without seeing the actual wording of the Will it is difficult to respond. If the decedent left you all his tangible personal property this would include all furniture, and other items he owned at the time of his death other then real estate and intangible personal property which is basicallymoney items such as stocks, bonds, checks, cd's mone market funds, mutual funds etc. If the will limited you bequest limited

it to the home and furniture and furnishings there could be some confusion as to whether it included items which clearly does not fall within furnishings ie jewelry, cars, etc. Furnishings usually relates to other property used and displayed while living in the home. You should contact an attorney to further discuss this matter. Also, you could ask the executor whether the bequest includes everything in the home and if not what he contends is not included. If you would like a consultation to discuss this matter further you can contact me.

Solomon Weinstein, Esquire 1032 Millcreek drive Feasterville, PA 19053