Philippines  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/18/13, 7:52 pm

Hi. we have a piece of land in the Philippines. there are ten of us brothers and sisters. My Parents died and they did not transfer the names to one of us. It means that the title is still under my mothers name. We appointed one of our brother to be the attorney in fact, for the reason that he did all the paper works for the title to be transfered to my mothers name. Now, he builds a building on our land with his own money and promises us that the earnings will be divided into us, once the building has been paid or when he got his money back. so many years later, he is still collecting and not dividing the earnings to us. we knew that building was paid... Lately, he is planning to renovate the building into an apartment.and again he said the same thing, that he will divide the earnings after he got his money back from the renovation. Now my question is: is this legal for an attorney in fact to build an establishment? and what kind of case can we file on this person to bring the land back to us? can he build an establishment without asking for our authorization? thank you and Im hoping for your response.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search