Legal Question in Entertainment Law in Rhode Island

I own a record label (LLC), based out of RI. The first artist on my label just release an album that includes voices/talents of artists who are not signed to the label. We have not had any of them sign any sort of release form and the album is now for sale. In order to cover my ass, what do I need to do? Do I need to hire a lawyer to help me or can I do everything I need on my own?

Asked on 10/16/10, 4:02 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joseph Lamy Law Office of Joseph Lamy
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You have presented a lot of problems here and you definitely want to speak with an attorney to try and resolve these issues. There are serious copyright concerns and contractual issues that may come up if you are selling records without the proper legal basis. I represent a lot of artists and record labels and would be happy to speak with you in greater detail.

Best of luck


Read more
Answered on 10/21/10, 4:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Entertainment & Sport Law questions and answers in Rhode Island

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Entertainment & Sport Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now