South Carolina  |  Civil Rights Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/01/08, 9:28 pm

Straw Purchase

I was talked in to buying Furniture from Ashley's for $5455.83 on my credit, and delivered to my bosses house, she said she would make payments, it has been over 6 months, and she has not made one, since I have not paid either, the company ''finance company'' wants their money, I went to court, since I have not paid for it either, I can't get the money, can this finance company come in and take personal property, such as cars, house, our furniture, is their anything I can do to make her pay, and get out of this contract I mistakinly signed, possible out of Duress. Can the court make her start paying for the furniture and garnish her wages? The girl is a con artist, and has done this before, so I have heard. Any law to protect me in this matter, what could I possibly do to make the finance company send this to collections and get this furniture back, Ashley's said they would pick it up 3 days after it was delivered, but the girl after agreeing to meet them, did not show. She is a con artist.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search