Legal Question in Consumer Law in South Carolina

jetski

Hello i bought a jetski from a guy about a year ago for $250. Plus he still owed me about $500, so it was a fair trade. He said that he had to get a new title for it. I waited for 3 months and no title. My wife called to see what I can do about it and come to find out that he sold his friends jetski. I tried to call his friend and he said I could keep it and if he wanted to ride it he would call me to ride. The taxes on it haven't been paid for three years. I offered to pay taxes on it if I can make it mine. So my wife called again to find out what can be done and she found out that someone got a loan on it and the loan company was looking to find there jetski. I don't know what to do. I have a nice jetski and can't do anything with it except look at it. Any ideas?

John Roxon Roxon Law Office LLC

Re: jetski

If the guy you bought the jetski from didn't own it, and you don't have a title, you don't own it. If there is a loan on it and taxes owing, you don't want to own it unless you want to pay the loan and taxes. I would suggest you return it to the person who "sold" it and get your $250 back.

John Roxon Roxon Law Office LLC

Re: jetski

John Roxon Roxon Law Office LLC

Re: jetski

John Roxon Roxon Law Office LLC

Re: jetski

John Roxon Roxon Law Office LLC

Re: jetski

John Roxon Roxon Law Office LLC

Re: jetski

More Consumer Law questions and answers in South Carolina

Consumer Law Legal Forms