South Carolina  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/16/08, 3:47 pm

Credit Card Debt/Settlement

I made a payment arrangement to pay off a debt I know I owe. I'm also required to refinance my home by June 1 per court order due to divorce. Problem is: I set up the pymt arrangement with a law firm to pay off a debt and now I have to cancel it in order to move it back a month or so because I don't have the money. They told me that I would be committing a felony by not letting them take the money. I don't know what to do. Please tell me if I would be committing a crime since I tried to work out an alternative and they will not work with me. I am in South Carolina and the law office is in Utah.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search