Legal Question in Criminal Law in South Carolina

I was charged with breach of trust with intent to deceive under $10,000, this is my first time ever going to court, the only thing on my record is driving under suspension. what is the likelihood of me getting probation

Asked on 5/19/13, 6:03 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Johnston Law Offices of Robert J. Johnston
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you spend much time looking at this site or other legal Q & A legal sites, you will see where one question after another the attorney that responded to the question said that he or she didn't have enough information. I have answered somewhere around 3,000. Or better said, I have "tried to answer." The reason is, the legal profession and the court system is just way to complicated and quick, easy answers just don't come very often. I can tell you that with a lot of people charged with the same charge as you have received probation in the past. But that's really about as much as I can say without more information. If you have a one-on-one consultation with a lawyer, you might see why its like that. There's just a lot of other potential factors that could affect how your case comes out, that I am not aware of. Obviously, you really need a criminal attorney. If you can afford to hire one, you are welcome to call and I can explain my answer. If you can't afford one, then you will need to sign up for a Public Defender and you can ask that person.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 5/19/13, 6:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in South Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88693 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Adam LambertThe Law Office of Adam S. LambertNew Orleans, LA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now