South Carolina  |  Criminal Law

I was charged with breach of trust with intent to deceive under $10,000, this is my first time ever going to court, the only thing on my record is driving under suspension. what is the likelihood of me getting probation

Answered on: 5/19/13, 6:09 pm by Robert Johnston

If you spend much time looking at this site or other legal Q & A legal sites, you will see where one question after another the attorney that responded to the question said that he or she didn't have enough information. I have answered somewhere around 3,000. Or better said, I have "tried to answer." The reason is, the legal profession and the court system is just way to complicated and quick, easy answers just don't come very often. I can tell you that with a lot of people charged with the same charge as you have received probation in the past. But that's really about as much as I can say without more information. If you have a one-on-one consultation with a lawyer, you might see why its like that. There's just a lot of other potential factors that could affect how your case comes out, that I am not aware of. Obviously, you really need a criminal attorney. If you can afford to hire one, you are welcome to call and I can explain my answer. If you can't afford one, then you will need to sign up for a Public Defender and you can ask that person.

Good luck.

Law Offices of Robert J. Johnston 843-946-0099 Myrtle Beach, SC 29578