Legal Question in Criminal Law in South Carolina

Child abuse

How can DSS take someone to family court for child abuse when they have nothing to prove it, or to even suggest it is true, and is there anyway to prevent going to court?

Asked on 7/02/01, 10:08 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Griffin Law Offices of The Griffin Firm, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Child abuse

If you feel that you have been wrongfully accused of some crime or that civil proceedings have been brought against you maliciously or that DSS has abused the Family Court, then you can sue DSS and/or the DSS agent in Federal Court or state court for violation of your civil rights. You may be able to seek an injunction against DSS for violating your civil rights, but normally the Federal Court's do not intervene at that stage, provided the DSS procedure affords you due process of law.

Read more
Answered on 7/02/01, 5:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in South Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now