Legal Question in Criminal Law in South Carolina

filing a false police report, sort of?!

What are the consequences in which one would recieve for filing a police report and then realizing that in fact what you had reported was truly your own fault??? I confessed that I had made the mistake about the check I thought had been forged, and that I would pay the collection agency...still the detective showed the judge what I had given her and the judge ruled it was enough for a false report claim against me!

Robert Johnston Law Offices of Robert J. Johnston

Re: filing a false police report, sort of?!

I can't tell you what the consequences would be without knowing more about the case and about you. First of all, there is two Filing False Police Report crimes. One is a felony and the other is a misdemeanor. Secondly, it depends on a lot of factors including your record. My law firm is in Horry County. Where did this happen? You can respond to [email protected]

More Criminal Law questions and answers in South Carolina

Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA