Legal Question in Criminal Law in South Carolina

Nonconsenting Videotaping

If a videotape was made of a person who was not fully clothed without their consent, what would that person need to do in order to file charges against the ''videotapper''. If the person knows the tape exists, yet does not possess the tape, does that person have a legitimate case.

Asked on 5/14/02, 6:37 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Jeffrey Keenan Pavilack & Associates
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Nonconsenting Videotaping

You would need to contact the local police and file an incident report. They will make a decision on whether or not to issue a warrant.

Read more
Answered on 5/20/02, 10:46 am
Robert Johnston Law Offices of Robert J. Johnston
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Nonconsenting Videotaping

Your question is a tad short of information. It would be nice to know the age of the "person," whether someone taped them from inside a house or actually taped them from outside through a window. The relationship of the two involved is also important. The most import question though, is what does "not fully clothed" mean? That could make a big difference. You need to call your local police department or prosecutor and explain your situation. They can tell you what you can or cannot do. They are the ones you would need to deal with eventually if there were ever any charges brought.

Read more
Answered on 5/15/02, 6:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in South Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88693 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now