Legal Question in DUI Law in South Carolina

I was convicted in 2010 of felony DUI great bodily injury but no death. I served 30 days in jail, 5 years probation, had to take drug and alcohol classes, as well as community service 100 hours and pay the victim restitution. I was expecting based on the law I broke for my license to be suspended for at least 3 years however when I got out of jail I received a letter stating I had lost my license for 18 years. Is there anyway to dispute that?

Asked on 2/20/13, 11:03 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Johnston Law Offices of Robert J. Johnston
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can file a petition with DMV for a reinstatement. It varies on how long you must wait. You can call DMV to ask.

Read more
Answered on 3/17/13, 8:41 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in South Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now