South Carolina  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/15/07, 10:48 pm

Abandoned and disabled

My sister's husband of 30 years left her a month ago. She suffers from a 2 yr old brain injury and several yrs depression. She is on disability. She has some physical limitations also. Before he left, he hid bills from her and now they're behind. He says he may come back but he only loves her as his grown kid's mother. She wants to give him more time. What does she need to do?

1 Answer

Answered on: 10/15/07, 10:56 pm by Ben Stevens

Re: Abandoned and disabled

She first needs to decide if she wants a legal separation / divorce or if she wants to wait to see if he comes back to her. If she chooses option A, then she needs to consult with an experienced family law attorney to find out what her options are so that she can protect herself.

If you need more information, you can visit my family law blog ( or our website ( I wish you the best of luck.

Ben Stevens

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

The Stevens Firm, P.A. Family Law Center 1188 Asheville Highway Spartanburg, SC 29303

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search