South Carolina  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 1/31/11, 9:50 pm

I am a US citizen five years ago I married a Jamaican citizen in Jamaica. We have two children together and he has never been to the US. How do I go about filing for divorce. I have been living in SC for over a year, and I read the SC law on divorce and if I divorce in Jamaica SC will not acknowledge it. So how do I go about starting the process.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search