South Carolina  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/14/13, 9:39 am

I have a custody agreement and specifically says no overnight guests in the presence of the children. My ex-wife has broken this agreement on more than one occasion in the past few months, is this a criminal offense in the state of SC, and do I have a case to try to get custody of my children?

1 Answer

Answered on: 6/14/13, 11:24 am by Ben Stevens

It's not a crime. However, it can serve as a basis for a contempt action, and/or it can serve as a basis to seek a change of custody.

These are complex issues, and it is important that they be handled correctly. Therefore, it is important that you consult an experienced family law attorney to find out what options are available to you based on the facts of your particular case.

If you need more information, you can visit my family law blog ( or our website ( I wish you the best of luck.

Ben Stevens

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

The Stevens Firm, P.A. Family Law Center 1188 Asheville Highway Spartanburg, SC 29303

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search