South Carolina  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/13/13, 11:16 am

We want to do a DIY un-contested divorce. No minor children, division of assets and property have already been agreed upon. It's a very friendly divorce. I'm moving back to CT, husband staying in SC and he will keep the house and I will transfer ownership to him alone. Can we complete our settlement agreement during the required year separation or do we have to wait until the end of the 1 yr. requirement? There's been no adultery or other bad things that happened to end the marriage, we just aren't compatible and want to end it and move on with our lives as soon as possible. Please advise. Thank you.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search