Legal Question in Family Law in South Carolina

I have joint custody of my son. I have found out that my X's girlfriends son is physicaly hurting my son. Can I stop my X from taking my son to NC where his g/f lives? My son is 10. The girlfriend's son is 15.

Ben Stevens The Stevens Firm, P.A. Family Law Center

If you can prove that your son is being abused, subjected to possible abuse, or otherwise harmed, then you can certainly seek to have the other parent's visitation modified so as to keep the child safe.

These are complex issues, and it is important that they be handled correctly. Therefore, it is important that you consult an experienced family law attorney to find out what options are available to you based on the facts of your particular case.

If you need more information, you can visit my family law blog (www.SCFamilyLaw.com) or our website (www.SpartanburgLawyers.com). I wish you the best of luck.

Ben Stevens

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in South Carolina