South Carolina  |  Family Law

can a person with a felony conviction of attempted murder get custody of a child after his time has been served?

Answered on: 11/15/09, 6:43 pm by Ben Stevens

There are many factors that come into play in a custody case, so without knowing all of the pertinent facts, it's not possible to answer that question. However, it should be obvious that a felony conviction will certainly be a concern for the court.

These are complex issues, and it is important that they be handled correctly. Therefore, it is important that you consult an experienced family law attorney to find out what options are available to you based on the facts of your particular case.

If you need more information, you can visit my family law blog (www.SCFamilyLaw.com) or our website (www.StevensFirm.com). I wish you the best of luck.

Ben Stevens

The Stevens Firm, P.A. Family Law Center 1188 Asheville Highway Spartanburg, SC 29303