South Carolina  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/05/13, 3:42 pm

In South Carolina since my wife won't for divorce, I'm the one who committed adultery, how do I go about filing for separation. We have lived apart for almost 4 months now. I know that SC makes you wait a year of separation. Is that 1 year from the time I file for separation or 1 year from the time that we started living apart?

Thank you

1 Answer

Answered on: 6/06/13, 8:49 am by Ben Stevens

Representing yourself in Family Court is rarely a good idea. You should consult an experienced family law attorney to find out what options are available to you based on the facts of your particular case. If you need more information, you can visit my family law blog ( or our website ( I wish you the best of luck.

Ben Stevens

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

The Stevens Firm, P.A. Family Law Center 1188 Asheville Highway Spartanburg, SC 29303

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search