South Carolina  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/10/13, 8:18 am

My step son will be 8 on 7/21. My husband (his father) and i have been married 6 years. His biological mother dropped him off my our door step back in 2008 never to be seen or heard from again. We are wanting to change his name and i want to adopt him. We are not seeking child support or any money from her. We are content with her not being in his life. My son doesnt know that i am not his biological mother. My husband and I live here in SC and she lives in NC. We do not want to allow her any type of visitation. How can we go about doing this???

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search