Legal Question in Civil Litigation in South Carolina

I cosigned a car loan for my ex girlfriend. We have since severed our relationship. She retained possession of the car. Several times she has fallen behind on payments and has gotten dangerously close to repossession. What recourse do I have to protect myself abd my credit?

Asked on 9/14/13, 7:26 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Jackson Law Office of John A. Jackson, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You have two options (1) pay the car off now or (2) make payments for her. You may be able to sue her for damages if she does not pay bit if she has no assets it will be difficult to get anything from her. Maybe you could get the car. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 9/14/13, 8:14 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in South Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now