Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in South Carolina

I need to draw up a basic contract between myself and a family member. I own the land that the family members house is on. The only thing we require of the family member is to pay the taxes on time. They are now a year behind on taxes and we will have to pay them. IS there a basic contract form or a legal doc that I can use and have them sign, stating they will pay taxes on time if they fail to pay the taxes 60 days past the due date they will have to leave the property and move their mobile home.

My idea would be to charge them monthly for the tax bill as rent on a land lease. So if the tax on the land is $100, you would charge them $12.50 per month as rent (to pay the taxes by the end of the year). Then you would pay the taxes. And, if they don't, you can evict them with a clear conscience. This is a pretty simple document I can draw up and have the parties sign.

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in South Carolina

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms