South Carolina  |  Personal Injury

I was rear-ended by a college student who was texting. My hospital bills are adding up and the insurance company refuses to make any payments to me (lost wages, pain, etc.) or the hospital. The insurance company claims they are waiting for my treatments to clear...it's been four months. Is there any way that the insurance company can cut a check to the hospital before the account is sent to collections?

Answered on: 3/16/13, 6:38 am by John Jackson

No and it is not in your best interests for you to settle now. You should wait until your done treating so you know what your total costs are. I suggest that you speak with an attorney who can then speak with the hospital. Good luck.

Law Office of John A. Jackson, P.C. P.O. Box 795 Folly Beach, SC 29401

Answered on: 3/16/13, 12:44 pm by Robert Johnston

As a Personal Injury lawyer, I've dealt with this situation countless times. The insurance company will not pay an isolated cost. They will insist on settling everything all at once.

My office sends the doctors and hospitals a Letter of Protection, with the understanding that we will only protect the medical providers' bill if they do not send it to collections. That is usually sufficient until we can settle the case.

We also have the main treating phycisian write us his/her prediction of future medical treatment and costs, so we can project the value of the case and facilitate an immediate settlement.

You are welcome to call. We can handle these type cases for any location.

Robert J. Johnston

LawyerSC@aol.com

Myrtle Beach, SC

843-946-0099

Law Offices of Robert J. Johnston 843-946-0099 Myrtle Beach, SC 29578