Legal Question in Real Estate Law in South Carolina

mortgage title

is it possible for my grandmother to add me on to her mortgage deed/title to be the responsible person to finish paying off her loan? or can we place the property for sell eventhough their is still a balance on the loan? She no longer reside in the house and do not want the property since my grandfather passed. please help,,lost and confused about the whole process. thanks

Asked on 7/26/05, 6:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Otto Ferrene, jr. Ferrene & Associates, PA
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: mortgage title

You can place the property for sale even if subject to a mortgage lien. It must be paid off at the time of the sale out of the funds from the sale. The attorney who represents the buyer will pay it off for you so that the house is free of the lien.

Read more
Answered on 7/26/05, 6:47 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in South Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now