Legal Question in Traffic Law in South Carolina

Traffic Violations

My husband and I were involved in a one car accident approximately 250 ft from our home. I was driving when a deer ran out in front of me. I swerved to miss it and when I tried to get the car straight, I overcorrected, hit a bank and the car flipped. We live on a gravel road. Part of the road is Smyrna SC and the other half is Clover SC. We both received traffic violations, mine for driving too fast for conditions (I was going about 30-35mph and the weather was clear skies, no rain) and he was charged with an open container. Our tickets have Clover listed as where it happened, but it was Smyrna. Do we have a chance at fighting these tickets due to the inaccuracy of the location.

Elizabeth Hyatt E.H. Robinson Law, LLC

Re: Traffic Violations

You probably have several ways to fight the tickets. The tickets might have an adverse effect on your insurance as well. Was the ticketing officer SCHP or Clover PD or the York County Sheriff's Office? If you need further information, email me at elizabeth@ehrobinsonlaw.com. I'm in Lancaster.

More Traffic Law questions and answers in South Carolina