Legal Question in Workers Comp in South Carolina

Taxable wages

I have received workmans comp wages for the past four months and am now back on the job, I received my w2 and it gave my wages for the year and omitted the workmans comp wages are they taxable and if so is there a separate form.

Alton L. Martin, Jr. Martin & Martin Attorneys, PA

Re: Taxable wages

Workers' Compensation benefits are not subject to income taxes. You do not need to report this income on your tax return.

It sounds as if you suffered a fairly severe injury, since you were out of work for 4 months. Your injury will most likely result in some permanent impairment. This is something your doctor determines. Under workers' compensation, you are entitled to money, partially based on the amount of permanent impairment you suffered from the injury. The amount of money may be increased depending on what part(s) of your body are injured and how the injury affects your future job outlook. Be careful signing anything from the insurance adjuster or your company involving your claim.

If I can be of any assistance, please feel free to call or e-mail me.

Thanks,

Al Martin

amartin@cwrtlaw.com

(864) 232-4400

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in South Carolina

Workers' Compensation Law Legal Forms