South Dakota  |  Appeals and Writs

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/18/10, 9:42 am

Hello, i'm writting from France and writting for a Native American friend currently in jail in Talladega, AL. We already have a public defender, because he would like to appeal against the verdict and in particular against the length of the sentence. Nevertheless, I get the impression that in his case, a attorney would be more appropriate.I would like to know how I should do, what are the conditions (also the approximative cost for a low budget) what is the procedure ? and if you think that a attorney could help us in such a matter ? My friend had hepatitis C ans had to wait 3 years before beginning a treatment. Currently he's in SMU where the conditions are very bad. Is a bad health condition and heavy treatment a reason to reduce the sentence ? Many thanks in advance for your reply..

PS : his judgement took place in South Dakota

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search